Pet groomers provide a key service to the community. Their job entails many working components. They must provide service to animals that can bite. They provide a service that uses key skills. They often offer advice as well. Most groomers use specialized equipment and operate out of various types of shops.
All of these factors are important to consider when choosing business insurance. As a business owner, you need to have ample financial protection to meet your needs and cover your risks.
What Type of Business Insurance Do You Need?
Pet groomers need to cover assets and minimize liability risks. They often need a comprehensive insurance policy that offers a variety of coverage. Below are typical policies necessary for pet groomers.
- Property Insurance: Whether you lease or own the building you operate in, having ample property insurance to protect the structure, inventory, and equipment is necessary.
- Commercial auto insurance: Some pet groomers offer mobile services. Commercial auto insurance with protection for the equipment and vehicle is necessary as is liability insurance to protect against accidents.
- General liability insurance. All pet groomers face some risks during the normal course of operations. Injury to the pet, mistakes made, customers slipping and falling, and many other claims can surface.
- Professional liability insurance. Because the threat of lawsuits is high and groomers are often providing advice to their clients, they may need extended liability insurance through professional liability or an umbrella plan.
- Workers’ compensation insurance. Any business with employees may need to have workers’ compensation insurance to cover employee illness or injury. This can cover dog bites, for example, to your employees.
One way to minimize the overall cost of these individual policies is to choose a BOP or business owner plan. This insurance usually offers coverage by lumping together common types of insurance. It also helps to offer a discount on the costs of these policies overall.
By working with a business insurance agent, pet groomers can customize policies to match their specific risks. This type of insurance can be very valuable after claims of negligence or losses from accidental or unavoidable incidents. It can often help to keep a business operational when and if an incident occurs.
We are here to help you get a fast, free business insurance quote. Call us at 914.273.8511 for New York business insurance.